Marketing for Small Businesses on a Shoestring Budget
The right approach can be low-cost and high yield. The internet makes it easier than ever to develop and execute a marketing approach with laser-targeted precision. For 99.9 % of businesses who benefit from marketing, your customers are using the internet. Be there and it will help you generate revenue and growth.
Not so long ago, marketing was too complicated for smaller businesses. It took a long time to plan. It took a lot of money. And it took ages to find out if your efforts were really successful or not. The internet helps you do marketing cheaper and more efficient and it helps you find out, pretty quickly, whether or not your approach needs to be tweaked. Internet marketing tools and techniques and access to real-time data make a huge difference to businesses of all sizes.
Marketing for Small Businesses With Low-Cost Marketing Ideas
Here are some ideas for low-cost internet marketing ideas:
1. Facebook advertising. You can set budgets and make sure that your ads are seen by your desired audience. You already know how popular Facebook is; why not take advantage of it? Your ads can drill down to location, gender, age, interest levels, and so on.
2. Search engine optimization. A bit of SEO effort can go a long way. Researching your market, appropriate keywords, and SEO techniques can help you attract organic traffic that includes people who are on the lookout for whatever it is that your business is selling. SEO doesn’t have to cost you a fortune and the great thing about it is that the return on investment can be humungous!
3. Social marketing. Beyond paying to have ads displayed on popular social marketing sites, your business can create a presence and develop a community. That community could become your customers and could refer new customers to you as well. Social media marketing can be highly effective and it doesn’t have to be expensive.
4. Video marketing. Creating helpful videos can help you attract new customers to your website. Video marketing is a great way to build your brand and when videos go viral it can have a huge effect on your profitability.
5. Use Daily Deal Sites. Partner with a daily deal site who will help you with online advertising by offering a special promotion. These sites have a large online following and can help you generate some real buzz around your brand.